Gold Rush Campaign
Beat the rush, get your GOLD with Hap Seng Star's 50th Anniversary Gold Rush Campaign!
Stand a chance to win up to 100gm of 999.9 gold when you purchase a Mercedes-Benz new or pre-owned car.
You might be the lucky star!
Don't miss this golden opportunity to bring home a Mercedes-Benz and pure gold this year.
1. Grand Prize - 200gm of 999.9 Gold X 1
2. 1st Prize - 100gm of 999.9 Gold X 1
3. 2nd Prize - 50gm of 999.9 Gold X 1
1. Monthly Prize - 100gm of 999.9 Gold X 1
Terms and Conditions
1. Hap Seng Star Gold Rush Lucky Draw Contest (“Contest”) is organised by Hap Seng Star Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organiser’).
2. The registration for the Contest commences on Friday, 1st March 2019 and ends on Tuesday, 31st December 2019 (Contest Period).
3. The Contest is subject to the terms and conditions stated herein and the Organiser reserves the right to vary, add, modify and/or alter these terms and conditions as and when it deems fit. Such variations may be communicated through modes of communication deemed suitable by the Organiser.
4. By participating in the Contest, the participant declares that he/she has read and understood the terms and conditions herein and agrees to be bound by the same. The participant shall enter into this Contest at their own risk.
1. The Contest is open to (i) all individual (Private Individual) (ii) aged 18 and above with a valid driving license; and (iii) is a holder of a Malaysian Identification Card or (iv) expatriates or holding a valid working pass in Malaysia.
2. The Contest is not open to members or employees or family members of the Organiser.
3. The Contest is OPEN to any customer or company who placed an order and completed the registration of purchase for the Mercedes-Benz New Car or Pre-owned Car with Hap Seng Star Sdn Bhd from Friday, 1st March 2019 to Tuesday, 31st December 2019
4. The submission of the full documentation and completion of registration of the purchase for Mercedes-Benz New Car or Pre-owned Car must be completed by Tuesday, 31st December 2019.
5. Full documentation is required for the participation in the contest which includes the Entry Form (with customer’s signature, name and answer one question), Terms & Conditions Form, 1 Copy of the Tax Invoice, Offer to Purchase Form, JPJ Card and a copy of NRIC.
6. The last submission of full documentation will be on or before Tuesday, 31st December 2019. Any submission after the 31st December 2019 will not be accepted and these entries will be deemed void.
7. Only ONE (1) entry is permitted for each participant for the purchase of either the Mercedes-Benz New Car or Pre-owned Car.
C. Contest Mechanics
1. There will be two (2) category of the Lucky Draw contest, which is the Monthly Lucky Draw Contest and the Year End Lucky Draw Contest.
2. Monthly Lucky Draw Contest winners will be selected on the second (2) week after the end of each Monthly Period based on the vehicles invoiced and registered in the previous month.
3. Winners of the Monthly Lucky Draw Contest shall be eligible for only one prize and shall not qualify to be the winners for the next Monthly Lucky Draw Contest.
4. Year End Grand Lucky Draw winners will be selected on Friday, 15th January 2020 after the end of the Contest Period.
5. The Monthly Draw and Year End Grand Lucky Draw will be witnessed by the external auditor from an audit firm and the management team of the Organising company.
6. Participants are required to answer one (1) question provided in the Gold Rush Lucky Draw contest form.
7. Participants will be randomly selected from the pool of contest entries (i.e. full documentation of the entry form on or before Tuesday, 31st December 2019) and will be held at Hap Seng Star Autohaus witnessed by the auditor(s) from an audit firm and the management team of the Organising company.
8. The selected winners will be contacted by a representative of the Organiser by a telephone call, according to the phone number provided by the participants.
9. Successful winners of the Monthly Lucky Draw Contest and the Year End Lucky Draw category will be announced within the third week of the month via Hap Seng Star Facebook page. Successful winners will be notified by telephone call and/or email, to redeem the prizes at the stipulated location before or on the last week of the month for the Monthly Lucky Draw Contest and by 31st January 2020 for the Year End Lucky Draw Contest.
10. The Organiser’s decision in respect of this Contest and the lucky draw shall be final and conclusive. No correspondences or appeals shall be entertained.
1. The Prizes available for the giveaway are stipulated below:
Category Prize Rank Prizes Number of Winner(s)
Grand Draw Grand Prize 200gm of 999.9 Gold 1
Grand Draw First Prize 100gm of 999.9 Gold 1
Grand Draw Second Prize 50gm of 999.9 Gold 1
Monthly Draw Monthly (10) Ten Months 100gm of 999.9 Gold 1 winner per month
2. The Prize will be given out on the understanding of the allocated number of winners stated in the above chart.
3. Winners are responsible for any additional costs, duties, taxes and/or incidental expenses or charges incurred in relation to the prizes.
4. The selected winner is solely responsible for the claim and collection of the prize at a designated redemption venue determined by the Organiser.
5. The Organiser shall not be liable and/or responsible for the delivery costs pertaining to the collection and/or delivery of the prize.
6. The Prize must be redeemed before or on the last week of the month for the Monthly Lucky Draw Contest and by 31st January 2020 for the Year End Grand Lucky Draw Contest.
7. The Prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the Winner and the Organiser excludes itself from any express or implied warranties in connection with the Prize to the extent permitted by law.
8. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other item and cannot be transferred, resold or offered for resale. Unless otherwise approved by the Organiser in writing, the Prize is not transferable. If the Winner chooses not to accept the Prize for any reason, there will be no compensation offered.
9. However, the Organiser may at any time at its sole and absolute discretion substitute the Prize with other items of an equal or similar value with or without conditions.
E. Other Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of section E herein, “participant” or “participants” shall also include the Winner.
1. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify any participant and/or revoke the Prize at any time, where:
a. The participant fails to comply with the terms and conditions stated herein;
b. The participant attempts to undermine the operation and administration of the Contest by fraud, cheating or deception;
c. The participant fails to provide accurate, complete, valid, identifiable and/or truthful information during participation, registration to participate and/or at any stage of this Contest.
2. The participant shall not engage in conduct that directly or indirectly brings the Organiser of the persons managing the Contest in a state of disrepute.
3. In the event that the Contest is cancelled, postponed and/or abandoned for any reason, the Organiser without being subject to any form of liability and at its sole and absolute discretion, may or may not choose to substitute the prize with other item(s) of an equal or similar value with or without conditions. In such an event, the Organiser shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any form of claim and/or liabilities howsoever arising whether direct, indirect or otherwise.
4. In the event that this Contest cannot be administered and/or is abandoned and/or cancelled and/or discontinued due to any reason, the Organiser, without being subject to any form of liability and at its sole and absolute discretion, may decide to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and/or invalidate any entries for this Contest without assigning any reasons thereto and without notice to the participants.
5. The protection of personal data is an important concern to Hap Seng Star Sdn Bhd (“HSS”). Any personal data collected during registration for participation in the Contest and/or during the Contest will be processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Notice of HSS as available for viewing at [http://www.hapseng.mercedes-benz.com.my/en/desktop/passenger-cars.html] (“PDP Notice”). By the participant submitting his/her personal data to HSS for this Contest during registration for participation in the Contest, the participant hereby consents to HSS processing his/her personal data according to the PDP Notice.
6. By participating in this Contest, the participant hereby consents to HSS to use, publish, exhibit and display participant’s name, the last four digits of their Identification Card Number, image and comments in any nature or form for documentation, advertising and promotional purpose in any form of media and any reasonable manner it sees fit without additional compensation. The participants are not eligible to claim any proprietary right thereto.
7. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion, prohibit participation by any participant and/or Winner who in any manner whatsoever disrupts, tampers and/or engages in improper conduct that affects the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest and/or breaches any of the terms and conditions stipulated herein.
8. By participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that the Organiser reserves the right to disclose the participants and representatives personal data in the event the Organiser believes that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against an individual who might cause or may be causing damage to or interfere (whether intentionally or otherwise) with the Contest and/or HSS and/or any other third party’s rights or property which could be harmed by such activities. The Organiser may also disclose the personal data of the participants and the representatives if required to do so by a court of law or other relevant body.
9. The participants agree that the Organiser and its related and/or associated companies shall not be liable to the participants and/or any other party in any manner whatsoever for any form of liabilities, losses, claims and/or damages howsoever arising in connection with the Contest or otherwise.
10. The Organiser’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest (including the selection of the Winner and the manner of administration of the Contest) shall be final, absolute and binding on the participants. No correspondences, enquiries, appeals, challenge, or discussion in respect to any decision or determination made by the Organiser will be entertained.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
12. The Organiser hereby disclaims and shall not he held liable for any claims and liability howsoever arising from personal injuries, medical conditions and damage to property originating from the acceptance of the Prize and the Winner shall hold the Organiser harmless from any such claims.
In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.